It's not entirely uncommon for these life changing devices to end up in a drawer lost among trinkets and knick knacks. Here are a few ways to maximize the use of your hearing aids:
- Keep your hearing aids in an easy to access place. Somewhere you won't forget them.
- Make sure you have plenty of batteries kept wherever you are, whether it be at home, at work, and/or packed while traveling.
- We are creatures of habit. In your morning routine, include putting your hearing aids on right after you brush your teeth or another activity you do daily.
- Make sure your hearing aids are fit properly (We can help you there!). If they are uncomfortable, it's very likely you won't wear them on a day to day basis.
- If your hearing aids are broken, you definitely won't wear them. Bring them in for a checkup if you don't think they are working properly.
- Finally, if you don't think you are benefiting from hearing aids, you won't wear them. We had a patient who, after being fit with hearing aids, called to tell us about how he didn't remember that bags of chips made a crinkle sound. He loved hearing the subtle notes in his favorite music. It's a wonderful and noisy world out there! Don't miss out because your hearing aids live in a drawer!
At Memphis Audiology, we want to help you hear the life you love. This isn't always in the form of new hearing aids, but we also want to maximize the hearing aids you already have. Give us a call today at 901-310-5983 to schedule an appointment for all your hearing needs!